
Preliminary post-mortem report suggests multiple injuries on face, hands of pastor, says Eluru Range Inspector-General of Police Ashok Kumar
The Hindu
Preliminary post-mortem report suggests multiple injuries on face, hands of pastor, says Eluru Range Inspector-General of Police Ashok Kumar. The available evidences and the preliminary report will be sent for pathological investigation to identify the nature and cause of injuries, he says.
Inspector-General of Police (Eluru Range) G.V.G. Ashok Kumar on Saturday said that as per the preliminary post-mortem report, there were multiple injuries on the face and hands of Hyderabad pastor Pagadala Praveen Kumar (45).
The post-mortem examination had been performed by a team of doctors at the Government General Hospital in Rajamahendravaram on March 26 after an inquest by the executive magistrate as the cause of death was suspicious.
Praveen Kumar had died under mysterious circumstances at 11.42 p.m. on March 24 after his two-wheeler skidded into a field near Konthamuru village on the outskirts of Rajamahendravaram.
Addressing the media along with East Godavari Superintendent of Police D. Narasimha Kishore here, Mr. Ashok Kumar said, “The GGH doctors have submitted a preliminary post- mortem report, which confirms the presence of multiple injuries on the face and hands of Praveen Kumar. We will send the available evidences and the preliminary report for pathological investigation to identify the nature and cause of the injuries.”
Mr. Ashok Kumar said the final forensic and post mortem reports were yet to be received from the respective authorities.
“The family members of Praveen Kumar, including his wife and mother, did not suspect anybody in the case during the recording of their statements till March 29 in Hyderabad,” he said.
“Praveen Kumar was to arrive in Rajamahendravaram on March 24 for talks regarding the proposed missionary building, for which he recently bought land on his daughter’s name,” Mr. Narasimha Kishore said. “The Motor Vehicle Inspector is yet to submit a final report on the incident,” he added.

In a setback to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and his wife Parvathi, the High Court of Karnataka on Wednesday permitted the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to continue investigation against all persons, weather accused or not, in the Mysore Urban Development Authority (MUDA) case, except former MUDA commissioner D.B. Natesh.